Mental Health doesn't discriminate, it effects everyone - whether it be you, your loved one, or a friend. Being vulnerable and communicating with others how you feel helps them know WHERE YOU AT and if you need help.
On our I AM ATHLETE shows, we often do check-ins to make sure we’re aware of how each other is feeling. We want to extend this to our IAA tribe and want to know WHERE YOU AT - Mental, Personal, and Business.
To check in with us, record and post a video of you with the following:
- Say your name and where you are from
- Tell us WHERE YOU AT on a scale from 1 to 10 (1 = very bad and 10 = great) and explain why for the following:
- MENTAL: mental health, clarity of thought, outlook, etc.
- PERSONAL: family, friends, loved ones, etc.
- BUSINESS: work, opportunities, financially, etc.
- Challenge 3 of your friends and @ tag them in the post
- Tag us @iamathletepodcast and add the hashtags #IAAcheckin and #whereyouat
All check in participants that successfully record and post a video with the guidelines above, will have the opportunity to win an IAA - WHERE YOU AT tees. Winners will be selected randomly and announced by Brandon.
For the I Am Athlete Check In Challenge, I decided to design three graphic tees to support and commemorate the campaign. The vibrancy and the message of these shirts is to spark a conversation between yourself, a loved one, and to the public, by the use of bright colors, eye appealing shapes, and smiley faces. Here's some of my design inspiration for the tees and check out the video to learn more.
- The images of the brain, heart, and money bag display the 3 subjects we reflect upon on the show— Mentally, Personally, and Professionally.
- The Yogi smiley face on the shirt glows in the dark to symbolize your inner light to shine!
- Smiley face is goofy yet unique, and has a deeper message…What you see on the surface of a person may not be what is actually happening under their surface. Inside you may have something going on even with a smiley face on.
- Lime green colors are bright and allows you to let your light shine. Lime green is also the color for mental health - Thumbs up smiley face because I’m a dork and it’s cute!
These shirts are to be thought provoking, you never know what people are going through and it could be the person with a smile on their face…I want these shirts to give us all a little push and engage with others, speak up and check in!
A great starting point for anyone who is ready to start prioritizing their mental health is to take a mental health screening at MHAscreening.org. It’s a quick, free, and confidential way for someone to assess their mental health and begin finding hope and healing.
If you or anyone you know needs assistance with Mental Health issues, illnesses, or challenges, please reach out to one of the resources listed below: